Breakfast Nutrition: Double Berry Protein Pancakes
This is a recipe I found online a couple different places. I made a couple modifications and put it up on Nibbledish.com
- 1/2 Cup of Oats
- 1/2 Cup of Cottage Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Flax Meal
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder (Strawberry, Chocolate, or Vanilla)
- 3 Whole Omega 3 Eggs
- 2 or 3 Liquid Egg Whites (To preferred consistency)
- Optional: 1/2 Cup of Fruit (Any type of Berry, Apples, Banana etc)
- Biotest Protein is a high quality blend and it tastes great. Get it at www.t-nation.com.
First, dump your ingredients into a mixing bowl and… you guessed it! Mix! Option: If you are sensitive to texture use a blender to mix.
Second, add your fruit if you wish. I think if you added something like chopped walnuts or almonds that would be good too. For the picture above, I added 1/4 cup of strawberries and 1/4 blueberries. I also used strawberry protein powder.
If you think the batter is too thick, add liquid egg whites until you get it to your preference.
Lastly, get your pan ready and pour batter into the pan. I use a 1/3 cup for each p-cake. Seems to be a good measure.
I usually just add a little butter and maybe some natural peanut butter then scarf them down. Feel free to add some syrup, sugar free or whatever.